Clinicians Sunshine Vitamin D3 with Vitamin K2 provides a synergistic combination of Vitamin D3 and K2 for essential daily support for optimal bone health, muscle strength, joint mobility and immunity. Suitable for the whole family!
Sunshine Vitamin D3 & Vitamin K2 Benefits:
- Recommended for people with low vitamin D levels
- This product contains 1,000IU of vitamin D, the highest amount available in New Zealand without prescription
- Vitamin D in general is essential for effective calcium absorption, required for healthy bones and teeth
- Clinicians Sunshine Vitamin D contains Vitamin D3 which is the form that is produced naturally in the body
- Vitamin D3 and K2 have both synergistic roles in the body to support bone mineral density and every day, immune, muscle, joint and heart health. K2 is an essential cofactor for vitamin D metabolism
- Having adequate K2 levels supports calcium absorption in the bone where it belongs, instead of calcifying blood vessels and other soft tissues
Sunshine Vitamin D3 & Vitamin K2 Features:
- Contains a synergistic combination of Vitamin D3 with Vitamin K2 for wider health benefits
- No Pills to swallow, these great tasting melts dissolve under your tounge
- Easy to use for children and the elderly
Why Vitamin D and Vitamin K?
Vitamin K2 is a cofactor for Vitamin D metabolism. Body stores of both nutrients sometimes need to be topped up on a daily basis for optimal health benefits.
Can I have too much Vitamin D?
Yes, although for the body to reach toxic levels of vitamin D, very high amounts would need to be taken. You are unlikely to consume too much vitamin D from a supplement when used at the recommended dosage, although make sure that the total amount of vitamin D per day from all supplements does not exceed 1000IU. If you are taking medications consult your GP before taking any supplements.
Does my racial heritage and skin colour affect how much Vitamin D I can absorb from the sun?
Yes, darker skin tones contain more melanin pigmentation compared to fairer skins. Melanin lessens how much of the sun’s UV rays the skin can absorb and convert to vitamin D.
Do my regular pregnancy supplements provide the right dose of Vitamin D?
Generally, a multivitamin will not contain adequate levels of vitamin D and calcium for the increased needs of pregnancy. Multivitamins usually contain a little bit of a lot of ingredients. Therefore it is usually more beneficial to use a product that specifically provides vitamin D and calcium in higher amounts. Just make sure you check the labels and not exceed the recommended daily amount from all supplements of 1000IU.
Should my kids be taking a Vitamin D supplement?
Adequate vitamin D is vital for bone growth, maintenance and development in children. If your child is not receiving sufficient vitamin D through adequate sun exposure and vitamin D rich foods, a supplement may be beneficial.
Is it OK to take a Vitamin D supplement while I am trying to conceive, during pregnancy and lactation?
Yes, in fact there is an increased need for vitamin D at this time. Ensure you follow the product’s recommended dosage and make sure you don't exceed a total of 1000 IU of vitamin D3 per day from all supplements.