NB: EXPIRY DECEMBER 2019
Nicorette® Gum allows you to actively control how much nicotine you use and when you use it. It is available in two different strengths, Extra Strength 4mg Gum which is suitable for those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes per day and Regular Strength 2mg Gum which is suitable for those who smoke 20 cigarettes a day or less. It’s important to choose the correct strength to suit your individual smoking pattern. Nicorette® gum and patches contain approximately one third less nicotine than a cigarette, and allow you to avoid the harmful physical and chemical effects associated with smoking. The recommended minimum length of treatment is three months. You can follow the recommended 12-week dosage program, or you can use the gum as needed. Most people find they can cease using the gum after six to nine months, but some heavy smokers choose to continue using the gum in order to prevent relapse. Nicorette Classic is Uncoated, Nicorette IcyMint is Coated.
Most smokers start by using about 8-12 pieces of the 2mg gum and 4-6 pieces of the 4mg gum each day. You should use the gum for at least three months and then gradually reduce the number of pieces you chew. If you start with the Extra Strength 4mg Gum, you can switch to the Regular Strength 2mg Gum during the reduction stage. Chew the gum slowly until the taste becomes strong. When this happens, rest the gum between your cheek and teeth. When the taste has faded chew the gum again.
Do not use if you are allergic to nicotine, are a non-smoker, pregnant, or a child. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other prescribed medications or if you are pregnant or breast feeding. If you have peptic ulcer disease, cardiovascular disease, diabetes or hyperthyroidism consult before using this product. Patients with gastritis, peptic ulcer, angina or who have had coronary heart disease should discuss this with their doctor before using Nicorette®.
- Nicorette® in the dose recommended, has not been found to produce any serious adverse effects in healthy people.
- Nicotine from the gum can occasionally cause slight irritation of the throat at the start of the treatment, and may also cause increased salivation.
- Excessive swallowing of nicotine-containing saliva may cause hiccuping.
- Those with a tendency to indigestion may suffer initially may suffer from mild indigestion or heart burn, especially if the 4mg is used. Slower chewing and the use of the 2mg gum (if necessary more frequently) will usually help overcome problems such as throat irritation or hiccups.
- Read the package insert for detailed directions for use.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Store below 25 deg C
- Foil sealed for your protection